these few weeks have been. Indescribable. I feel so... small. And there are so many questions to answer. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to have stayed out of the valley if I'd known it might take ages to climb out. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth feeling happy if you know that the only thing you can feel after that is letdown. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth caring, because caring takes effort, smiling takes effort, what if we were just robots who were efficient with a tinge of instinct. Sometimes I just want to disappear.
Just finished 2 weeks of Cardio rotation. I cannot begin to express my thanks to our personal 'mother' dr L.
Her dedication and passion and willingness to teach us just overwhelms me. After day 1 where the consultant insulted my upbringing, it really took alot to get back on a rebound. It's not easy, i realize, to be professional when things like that happens to you. It's phrased so nicely when you read about them in self help books but when ur standing there getting berated after handing in a formal apology it just totally sucks. In my defense I felt that should he be insulting me and me alone I'd take it up and swallow it down but you dont fucking comment on the way my parents brought me up. I really really hate it when people assume all students from my Uni is rich. Funny i must have missed out on that rich part. And with money everyone assumes that we are spoilt too. Really? were you there when we were below average? Were you there when my grandparents, uncles had to tap rubber and my grandma wear potato guni sacks during the japanese invasion? Were you there when i celebrated my first birthay with a cake and ang ku kuih? Were you there when my parents couldn't pay the fees? You notice the 1 or 2 who drive big cars and party, but have you also noticed those who walk daily? Have you noticed those who offer rides to lecturers they see on the way?
Maybe I'm being so passionate about this purely because of my pride in it. Maybe I AM so damn proud of my family's achievements over the decades so dont you dare touch them. I dont give 2 fucks if you think im rude or groundless because that's my problem. Too bad if you feltintimidated antagonized the peoples in your past who were of the same clan, not my fault really. MEH
But yeah. Go professionalism.
Just finished 2 weeks of Cardio rotation. I cannot begin to express my thanks to our personal 'mother' dr L.
Her dedication and passion and willingness to teach us just overwhelms me. After day 1 where the consultant insulted my upbringing, it really took alot to get back on a rebound. It's not easy, i realize, to be professional when things like that happens to you. It's phrased so nicely when you read about them in self help books but when ur standing there getting berated after handing in a formal apology it just totally sucks. In my defense I felt that should he be insulting me and me alone I'd take it up and swallow it down but you dont fucking comment on the way my parents brought me up. I really really hate it when people assume all students from my Uni is rich. Funny i must have missed out on that rich part. And with money everyone assumes that we are spoilt too. Really? were you there when we were below average? Were you there when my grandparents, uncles had to tap rubber and my grandma wear potato guni sacks during the japanese invasion? Were you there when i celebrated my first birthay with a cake and ang ku kuih? Were you there when my parents couldn't pay the fees? You notice the 1 or 2 who drive big cars and party, but have you also noticed those who walk daily? Have you noticed those who offer rides to lecturers they see on the way?
Maybe I'm being so passionate about this purely because of my pride in it. Maybe I AM so damn proud of my family's achievements over the decades so dont you dare touch them. I dont give 2 fucks if you think im rude or groundless because that's my problem. Too bad if you felt
But yeah. Go professionalism.

