(*Disclaimer* I can take it down if you don't like it up (but like, almost nobody reads this anyways*)
A Page Is Turned
Where the God of second chance
Will pick them up and He'll let them dance
Through a world that is not kind
And all this time, they're sharing with the one
That holds them up when they come undone
Beneath the storm, beneath the sun
And once again, here you stand
And once again, here you stand
Your day has come
**
When We Say/ Juicebox
This is the part when we say were in love
and the part where we have our first kiss
But this ain't a movie
I know you cant come with me
You got your lives
He better be treatin you right
***
2) Was driving back home one day. And a plastic bag flew across the road. So I ran over it. 5 minutes later another plastic bag flew across the road. Again I ran over it. Barely 3 minutes later another plastic bag ran across the road. But this time, it slowed down before running across my path and I missed it by a foot.
How many chances are we allowed before we finally learn our lesson?
To err is human. And we have an incredible tendency to screw up sometimes. Studies...relationships...accidents...the end results can be disastrous. But for most of the times we mess up, we're given one more try to do it right again. Like the little green-clothed leprechaun leaning against the door and giving you a wink before disappearing, you hear him whisper
"hey...let's try that again shall we?"
It's not like you didn't try hard enough. You studied day and night. You loved him/her to the moon and back. You've been friends for years, through the thick and thin moments. You drove as careful as you could on the road.
Just sometimes, the unforeseen happens. The car skidded off the road, flying down the slope. You struck a chord with your friend, starting a full-fledged war. You find your love was not meant to be. You just couldn't make the grade.
While you sit down, wondering what went wrong, you hear the voice whisper not in your ear, but somewhere deeper....
"hey...let's give it one more try, shall we?"
****
is it really that foolish a thing, to hope that one day pigs will fly? what's so wrong about clinging to a dream, one that you know will probably never come to pass? did i say 'probably'? well there's always that stubborn imp whispering in your ear, 'maybe...you never know...i thought you said you believe in miracles...??'
have i ever hoped to see flying piglets outside my window one day? well yes, i have. still do. for the past few years, at least. everytime i feel like screaming at myself, 'just STOP hoping, you nut!!' ~ in the end i still allow a tiny ray of broken dreams to remain a thorn in my heart. why? i wish i knew, too.
perhaps i'm just unwilling to let God have His way. like the 2-year-old who insisted, 'please let me have the carving knife..' -but of course the parent doesn't give in to that sort of 'please'. saying 'please' won't get you that box of matches you oh so long to get your hands on, anymore than juggling piglets will make them learn to fly.
*****
as march 2010 comes closer with each passing day, i cant help but feel a variety of mixed feelings.. 2 and 1/2 years is definitely not a short period of time. i’ve built great friendships here and it feels weird having to leave a place where i’ve gotten so used to and actually love and call home. it really seems unfair when i think of it in a way where i have to leave a place, unwillingly, and probably never get to come back to familiarity ever again in a duration of time that is unknown. even if i do come back after the unknown time, i’m sure nothing will be the same again.. people leave, buildings change, atmospheres just different. this is how i console myself – that my friends will have to move on too. and that things will still be different even though i’m still here.
******
I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all
*******
i don't think big of getting huge surprises, i prefer many little surprises like receiving random presents. emm lets give an example: it's ok if my bf doesn't give me diamonds and LV bags but i would be adored if he gives me a cupcake, a small note, a bar of chocolate, a kiss on the cheek when i'm asleep, a book, sing/plays the piano/violin to me, a movie ticket, a doodle in my to-do-list note book etc.
********
Don’t let someone become a priority in your life,
When you are just an option in their life …
Relationships work best when they are balanced.
Never explain yourself to anyone,
Because the person who likes you doesn’t need it,
And the person who dislikes you won’t believe it
When you keep saying you are busy, Then you are never free.
When you keep saying you have no time, Then you will never have time.
When you keep saying that you will do it tomorrow, Then tomorrow will never come.
We make them cry, those who care for us,
We cry for those who never care for us
And we care for those who will never cry for us
Don’t make promises when you are in joy
Don’t reply when you are sad
Don’t take decisions when you are angry
Think twice, Act wise
Time is like a river, You cannot touch the same water twice
Because the flow that has passed will never pass again
Enjoy every moment of life
*********
Personal note:
Hmm, what to do, I am surrounded by just so many talented writers!? *sry And, i didnt really wanna quote Superman Batman Jimmy comics =P* And to a certain extent, when I read their blogs, I am calmed by their rambles, knowing that life is going on, that time is passing, that people are alive. I especially like #3; how many 2nd chances do you get in your life?
I know I should be studying, scrambling for my life as if there's not going to be a tomorrow. But all i feel like doing is actually opening my Bible and just start praying. It hurts. So bad. I wish there were things that could be undone, time that could be rewound, people to be re-cherished. I wish there was a selfishness that could be without consequences. I hurt too much too bad too easily. I know its painful now, but if it goes on, it'll be even more so in the future.
I miss my Dad, I miss being able to quote His words to calm me down, I miss living for Him :(
And I really don't like how one song can make me tear up so bad!
What if I made a happier version? :P
This is the part when we say we're in love
and the part where we have our first kiss
Let's make this our story
Baby runaway with me
We'll live our lives
For sure I'll be treating you right
=) *The verse is dedicated to a friend who's found happiness. :P How often do you get reciprocated feelings, huh?*
A Page Is Turned
Where the God of second chance
Will pick them up and He'll let them dance
Through a world that is not kind
And all this time, they're sharing with the one
That holds them up when they come undone
Beneath the storm, beneath the sun
And once again, here you stand
And once again, here you stand
Your day has come
**
When We Say/ Juicebox
This is the part when we say were in love
and the part where we have our first kiss
But this ain't a movie
I know you cant come with me
You got your lives
He better be treatin you right
***
2) Was driving back home one day. And a plastic bag flew across the road. So I ran over it. 5 minutes later another plastic bag flew across the road. Again I ran over it. Barely 3 minutes later another plastic bag ran across the road. But this time, it slowed down before running across my path and I missed it by a foot.
How many chances are we allowed before we finally learn our lesson?
To err is human. And we have an incredible tendency to screw up sometimes. Studies...relationships...accidents...the end results can be disastrous. But for most of the times we mess up, we're given one more try to do it right again. Like the little green-clothed leprechaun leaning against the door and giving you a wink before disappearing, you hear him whisper
"hey...let's try that again shall we?"
It's not like you didn't try hard enough. You studied day and night. You loved him/her to the moon and back. You've been friends for years, through the thick and thin moments. You drove as careful as you could on the road.
Just sometimes, the unforeseen happens. The car skidded off the road, flying down the slope. You struck a chord with your friend, starting a full-fledged war. You find your love was not meant to be. You just couldn't make the grade.
While you sit down, wondering what went wrong, you hear the voice whisper not in your ear, but somewhere deeper....
"hey...let's give it one more try, shall we?"
****
is it really that foolish a thing, to hope that one day pigs will fly? what's so wrong about clinging to a dream, one that you know will probably never come to pass? did i say 'probably'? well there's always that stubborn imp whispering in your ear, 'maybe...you never know...i thought you said you believe in miracles...??'
have i ever hoped to see flying piglets outside my window one day? well yes, i have. still do. for the past few years, at least. everytime i feel like screaming at myself, 'just STOP hoping, you nut!!' ~ in the end i still allow a tiny ray of broken dreams to remain a thorn in my heart. why? i wish i knew, too.
perhaps i'm just unwilling to let God have His way. like the 2-year-old who insisted, 'please let me have the carving knife..' -but of course the parent doesn't give in to that sort of 'please'. saying 'please' won't get you that box of matches you oh so long to get your hands on, anymore than juggling piglets will make them learn to fly.
*****
as march 2010 comes closer with each passing day, i cant help but feel a variety of mixed feelings.. 2 and 1/2 years is definitely not a short period of time. i’ve built great friendships here and it feels weird having to leave a place where i’ve gotten so used to and actually love and call home. it really seems unfair when i think of it in a way where i have to leave a place, unwillingly, and probably never get to come back to familiarity ever again in a duration of time that is unknown. even if i do come back after the unknown time, i’m sure nothing will be the same again.. people leave, buildings change, atmospheres just different. this is how i console myself – that my friends will have to move on too. and that things will still be different even though i’m still here.
******
I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all
*******
i don't think big of getting huge surprises, i prefer many little surprises like receiving random presents. emm lets give an example: it's ok if my bf doesn't give me diamonds and LV bags but i would be adored if he gives me a cupcake, a small note, a bar of chocolate, a kiss on the cheek when i'm asleep, a book, sing/plays the piano/violin to me, a movie ticket, a doodle in my to-do-list note book etc.
********
Don’t let someone become a priority in your life,
When you are just an option in their life …
Relationships work best when they are balanced.
Never explain yourself to anyone,
Because the person who likes you doesn’t need it,
And the person who dislikes you won’t believe it
When you keep saying you are busy, Then you are never free.
When you keep saying you have no time, Then you will never have time.
When you keep saying that you will do it tomorrow, Then tomorrow will never come.
We make them cry, those who care for us,
We cry for those who never care for us
And we care for those who will never cry for us
Don’t make promises when you are in joy
Don’t reply when you are sad
Don’t take decisions when you are angry
Think twice, Act wise
Time is like a river, You cannot touch the same water twice
Because the flow that has passed will never pass again
Enjoy every moment of life
*********
Personal note:
Hmm, what to do, I am surrounded by just so many talented writers!? *sry And, i didnt really wanna quote Superman Batman Jimmy comics =P* And to a certain extent, when I read their blogs, I am calmed by their rambles, knowing that life is going on, that time is passing, that people are alive. I especially like #3; how many 2nd chances do you get in your life?
I know I should be studying, scrambling for my life as if there's not going to be a tomorrow. But all i feel like doing is actually opening my Bible and just start praying. It hurts. So bad. I wish there were things that could be undone, time that could be rewound, people to be re-cherished. I wish there was a selfishness that could be without consequences. I hurt too much too bad too easily. I know its painful now, but if it goes on, it'll be even more so in the future.
I miss my Dad, I miss being able to quote His words to calm me down, I miss living for Him :(
And I really don't like how one song can make me tear up so bad!
What if I made a happier version? :P
This is the part when we say we're in love
and the part where we have our first kiss
Let's make this our story
Baby runaway with me
We'll live our lives
For sure I'll be treating you right
=) *The verse is dedicated to a friend who's found happiness. :P How often do you get reciprocated feelings, huh?*
Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
~ Dr. Seuss
Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to. – Anonymous
Filed Under:
=(,
=),
a Destination; Not the Nearest Exit Sign,
bigballsof Pride,
Emo-nyer,
Humbling Instances,
Musings


hmm..u ok?
*and i didnt even know u know i blog o.O LOL..
lol i am. miraculously. or rather, Godraculosly :D
and yes, i have ur blog add in my list of bookmarks and the last time i saw it was when you were a first year =X
was not quoted :(
I apologized in advanced And :P