Todays session wasnt as busy as yesterday. Hence, we were more in the way. Because we were less useful. Hence we were more in the way. Because the HO's were less friendly, trusting? Hence we were using up 02 there. I wonder if i can reiterate that enough

After yesterday, today we had an influx of kids. They seem to be getting knocked up by motorbikes alot.
And the asthma patients seem to flock in by families! For eg the mother will bring the daughter in, but in the end we'd find out that she'd  be needing it herself.
Twas a night for female catheterizations.
Today was the first time I kena tegur too. And was proven wrong? in a very simple finding. See this 78 yr old uncle comes in with progressive breathlessness that's been lasting for the whole day, wtih a hx of IHD, triple bypasses, and a pacemaker inserted this March. He also has a hx of asthma. So he comes in and sits at the neb area, and i see him gasping, so i tried to get a bit of hx out of him. And then I find out that he also has crepts in his left lower lobe as well as bilateral pitting oedema up to the shins. Obviously nebbing him isnt going to work anymore right. So i brought it up to this HO who was writing something down. I only got to '78 year old uncle' and she was went 'Dont bother about the asthma patients first!! I need to clear the people behind first!'
Hello! If this was mere asthma why would I be bothering you? Ish i'd just ask u if its ok to give neb cus i heard diffuse rhonchi throughout. Haiya but anyways. its a nother point in learning. I did all i could. and he wasnt exactly like - dying lah.
Then the same uncle, a few hrs later, a diff HO came over and listened to the chest. Then when she was done she looked up and asked who listened to his chests, whereby i raised my hand. She was like 'listen again' in that really smug tone. Lol. Yes, he has crepts. but oh-ho even after he coughs he still has crepts!
But haiz- the medical student is always wrong werd .... that's how it goes in the hospital hierarchy.

The bossy loud but very helpful nurse wasnt there today. Our nice MO wasn't there today either. I met mr American accent tho.
The cases seem to be repeating ler.
This auntie of about 70 comes in complaining of general weakness and an uncontrollable tremor of her right hand. Dx? STROKE. (seriously, like where in the world did that come from) Makes me realize that I have, indeed, a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way more to go.
Teenage girl comes in collapsed. Where I see them elliciting the pain reflex when charting the GCS. I also saw the vast improvement after they NS'ed her and gave her ammonium salt. From disorientated to orientated and a full 15.
Pregnant woman of 5 months comes in with a ?fractured small feet of the foot. The issue is not the fracture, but the fact that her leg was infected from a scrape a week ago. She went to a priv hospital but they didnt wanna take any risks so they gave her only painkillers and nothing else. The MO wanted to do an Xray- the fetus? And since it was infected, they had no choice but to give her antibiotics--- SO HOW? She was told to discuss the issue with her husband cus now even a small procedure like taking an xray needed a consent. She never came back after her discussion.
Guess who I also saw today. My fav surgeon and wife. His dad was involved in an MVA. Lets just summarize it - He came, he saw, he sutured and his dad left the hospital 2 hours later. everybody say NO FUSS!
He asked me how am i too, to which i could only reply .. 'I'm fine'

Ps - I have an absolute PHOBIA of setting lines now. Today I couldnt even draw blood! Dammit. Meh. To fail and fail again. :(
0 Responses