I decided that I'd blog today no matter what the outcome, so here goes:
Attended the basketball tryouts this evening and no, I didn't get picked. Not even for the Freshers team...
Hmm.. not much that I have to say, I think I've tired myself out talking to me on the way back from the stadium. heh. And no, I'm not like (kill myself now!) kinda disappointed or anything, just a bit... hurt? haha, that's my pride saying hello again.
I realized that the team's standard is/was really high, and i asked myself if say i did get picked lah, would I have been able to commit to all those trainings? The first thing the coach told the last few who made the cut was "prepare to run. im going to work the shit out of y'all so if you cant run, say bye bye". lol typical b* american coach type. Kudos J'aime, I dunno how u pull it off but good job getting into div 1! =)
Lol, actually i'm quite hyper right now. It's been ages (like AGES) since I had proper training. Like people who actually played basketball ( sorry, no offense guys =P) and training involved lay ups from centre line without stops or pauses. =P Okay lah, sorry im biased. hahah, but it has really been so long since Institute Tec days! Altho tmrw my butt and hamstring muscles are going to be screaming. And I'm coughing like there's something stuck in my throat atm... dang, must have swallowed some capsulated h. influenza or something. HAHAHAH
It's okay Jo, your basketball days are over. At least you went for the tryouts so there are no regrets. And met some pretty interesting peeps.. like a geologist from S. Africa! Now all you've gotta do is sit at home, knit, bake and wait for your other half to come home. (Yeah, i lol'ed too) Die lah PMCSA-UCD team, your captain just lost a chunk of her esteem, quick somebody steam her up again!
****
Don't you just love the way I make lemonades and see the glasses half full? I seem to be getting better and better at this, making up excuses of why and why nots, so does that mean I'm getting more optimistic, or that I'm just failing more?
For example, summer research. I'm not going too sugar coat things. I sucked. My grades sucked big time. I may have excelled as a researcher, but I failed as a student. It's not funny when your cgpa's going to be dragged down for 2 (twoe?!?!?!) sems because of something like this. In fact its just effing pissy. Sure, I keep telling myself that notwithstanding all, the experience was priceless, the people I met were indispensable, the conferences were truly eye-opening and I'm actually going to publish a paper under my name! but then i look at my grade and everything comes tumbling down... Hmm, I'm actually embarassed to meet my supervisor. Shit.
***
Meh, the endorphins are finally leaving the happy receptors in my brain alone, so the shadows coming over again. (Bet Benny-G'll be impressed by my Happy receptors theory hahah) I also just found out that I'm not gonna be presenting for research night. Hmm, can i just skip it entirely? Since there's no free dinner either =P
**
Celebrated Mhui's 22nd at The Alamo. Small event since she wanted it small. Mexican food, where i had Chilli con Carne (yeahh the one i serve in my restaurant in restaurant city lol) It's rice, plus beans plus... paprika? plus meat and cheese on top, and they serve it with a jalapeno sticking up lol. I think they overdid the beans. otherwise, guilty food with capital G! hahha cheesy, meaty, and everything else that goes with that.
And I also saw a guy who literally just stood up and started PREACHING in Temple Bar. I was like WOW! Very inspired! =)
**
Happy Raya to all my Muslim friends out there!! =) ... and also those who are enjoying the holiday that comes with it.
*
Oh I think I forgot to mention, my uni's women basketball team is like top 3 in Dublin/ Ireland or something.
I'm 5 foot 1 and this unfit. =D

Attended the basketball tryouts this evening and no, I didn't get picked. Not even for the Freshers team...
Hmm.. not much that I have to say, I think I've tired myself out talking to me on the way back from the stadium. heh. And no, I'm not like (kill myself now!) kinda disappointed or anything, just a bit... hurt? haha, that's my pride saying hello again.
I realized that the team's standard is/was really high, and i asked myself if say i did get picked lah, would I have been able to commit to all those trainings? The first thing the coach told the last few who made the cut was "prepare to run. im going to work the shit out of y'all so if you cant run, say bye bye". lol typical b* american coach type. Kudos J'aime, I dunno how u pull it off but good job getting into div 1! =)
Lol, actually i'm quite hyper right now. It's been ages (like AGES) since I had proper training. Like people who actually played basketball ( sorry, no offense guys =P) and training involved lay ups from centre line without stops or pauses. =P Okay lah, sorry im biased. hahah, but it has really been so long since Institute Tec days! Altho tmrw my butt and hamstring muscles are going to be screaming. And I'm coughing like there's something stuck in my throat atm... dang, must have swallowed some capsulated h. influenza or something. HAHAHAH
It's okay Jo, your basketball days are over. At least you went for the tryouts so there are no regrets. And met some pretty interesting peeps.. like a geologist from S. Africa! Now all you've gotta do is sit at home, knit, bake and wait for your other half to come home. (Yeah, i lol'ed too) Die lah PMCSA-UCD team, your captain just lost a chunk of her esteem, quick somebody steam her up again!
****
Don't you just love the way I make lemonades and see the glasses half full? I seem to be getting better and better at this, making up excuses of why and why nots, so does that mean I'm getting more optimistic, or that I'm just failing more?
For example, summer research. I'm not going too sugar coat things. I sucked. My grades sucked big time. I may have excelled as a researcher, but I failed as a student. It's not funny when your cgpa's going to be dragged down for 2 (twoe?!?!?!) sems because of something like this. In fact its just effing pissy. Sure, I keep telling myself that notwithstanding all, the experience was priceless, the people I met were indispensable, the conferences were truly eye-opening and I'm actually going to publish a paper under my name! but then i look at my grade and everything comes tumbling down... Hmm, I'm actually embarassed to meet my supervisor. Shit.
***
Meh, the endorphins are finally leaving the happy receptors in my brain alone, so the shadows coming over again. (Bet Benny-G'll be impressed by my Happy receptors theory hahah) I also just found out that I'm not gonna be presenting for research night. Hmm, can i just skip it entirely? Since there's no free dinner either =P
**
Celebrated Mhui's 22nd at The Alamo. Small event since she wanted it small. Mexican food, where i had Chilli con Carne (yeahh the one i serve in my restaurant in restaurant city lol) It's rice, plus beans plus... paprika? plus meat and cheese on top, and they serve it with a jalapeno sticking up lol. I think they overdid the beans. otherwise, guilty food with capital G! hahha cheesy, meaty, and everything else that goes with that.
And I also saw a guy who literally just stood up and started PREACHING in Temple Bar. I was like WOW! Very inspired! =)
**
Happy Raya to all my Muslim friends out there!! =) ...
*
Oh I think I forgot to mention, my uni's women basketball team is like top 3 in Dublin/ Ireland or something.
I'm 5 foot 1 and this unfit. =D

Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land
Drops of Jupiter, Train


you are still the best Bball player in PMCSA-UCD so dont beat urself for it.
anyway, just sharing, when i started out with vball last year, i was really crappy too. i was playing in the beginner's team. yes, d team that teaches ppl who have nvr played before.. thankfully, i learnt fast n moved up in 3 sessions.
so, u shud join in their fun sessions/beginners n prove to them that u're probably not as good as the rest now cos u havent played in a while, hence ur unfitness. n join the team next month or so.
i know of teams always accepting ppl at anytime of the year if they're good enuf to make the cut.
Thx for sharing =)
But I don't thinkt there's anymore casual basketball session this year. So's okay lah..