It's a Thursday morning, I'm post call (wonderfully uneventful by the way) and cramming for an online signature begging session for later part of the night.
That aside.
I graduated!
Started working.
Part of it involves delivery babies and constantly keeping my fingers in vajayjays.
The other part involved strengthening my backbone, thickening my facial epidermis, tightening imaginary belts around my waist and minimizing what we'd call 'ego's to a non existent value.
As I look back at my older posts, posts I wrote while still studying it prides me to not laugh derisively dismissing it as pure naivete of someone who'd not experienced the real world. It's actually not much different than expected really... but I have to say that the responsibility has definitely escalated beyond measure.
You realize that every little bit you do.. or don't do for the matter has its consequences. You meet patients and mentors of all sorts. Most of all you meet the doctors whom you promise yourself you'd never want to turn into when you grow up. Tagging was an emotionally exhausting time for me. I lost about 3-4kg and would tear up unprovoked. But then I grew up.
And I am still growing.
Not having an income whilst living on <200 bucks really taught me to appreciate money and saving.
My biggest lessons were, in my opinion;
1. Happiness is a choice
2. I'd rather come home to a warm dinner than have a name full of addendums
The future for us looks quite bleak at the moment. Doors are closing on me everywhere and I foresee that someone between the two of us would end up sacrificing their career in this matter. I hate the fact that happy ever after seems so unreachable and I wish I could do something about the fact that meals alone have become such a norm.
Having said that working in the homeland has indeed been such an eye opener. I enjoy the ability to counsel my patients (with correct figures!) and to have teamwork amongst the members. Sure the quality of care could be upped a thousandfold but I believe that one should be the change they want to see so yea we'll start small, and hopefully be able to make the changes I'd like to see in the future.
Don't think I'd be allowed to do a Ceasarean section tho.
cheh.
And that people, was 6 months in a post.
That aside.
I graduated!
Started working.
Part of it involves delivery babies and constantly keeping my fingers in vajayjays.
The other part involved strengthening my backbone, thickening my facial epidermis, tightening imaginary belts around my waist and minimizing what we'd call 'ego's to a non existent value.
As I look back at my older posts, posts I wrote while still studying it prides me to not laugh derisively dismissing it as pure naivete of someone who'd not experienced the real world. It's actually not much different than expected really... but I have to say that the responsibility has definitely escalated beyond measure.
You realize that every little bit you do.. or don't do for the matter has its consequences. You meet patients and mentors of all sorts. Most of all you meet the doctors whom you promise yourself you'd never want to turn into when you grow up. Tagging was an emotionally exhausting time for me. I lost about 3-4kg and would tear up unprovoked. But then I grew up.
And I am still growing.
Not having an income whilst living on <200 bucks really taught me to appreciate money and saving.
My biggest lessons were, in my opinion;
1. Happiness is a choice
2. I'd rather come home to a warm dinner than have a name full of addendums
The future for us looks quite bleak at the moment. Doors are closing on me everywhere and I foresee that someone between the two of us would end up sacrificing their career in this matter. I hate the fact that happy ever after seems so unreachable and I wish I could do something about the fact that meals alone have become such a norm.
Having said that working in the homeland has indeed been such an eye opener. I enjoy the ability to counsel my patients (with correct figures!) and to have teamwork amongst the members. Sure the quality of care could be upped a thousandfold but I believe that one should be the change they want to see so yea we'll start small, and hopefully be able to make the changes I'd like to see in the future.
Don't think I'd be allowed to do a Ceasarean section tho.
cheh.
It’s not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it’s because we do not dare that things are difficult.~Seneca
And that people, was 6 months in a post.

